Terms and conditions
Halong Bay Cruise – Terms and conditions
Please kindly read these policies carefully. On booking online or signing our booking form when making reservation by email, you are deemed to have read and accepted our policies, and are accepting the terms of these conditions on behalf of all persons in the party.
Halong Bay Cruise (www.halong-bay-cruise.com) is an official travel agent for over 30 boats and cruises in Halong Bay. By entering the site you accept our Terms and conditions. The policies are subject to change at any time, and it is your responsibility to check them regularly in case there is any change.
Continuing to use the site after a change has been made is your acceptance of those changes.
1. Rate quoted in the programs:
Tour prices are quoted in American dollar per person, inclusive of 5% service charge and exclusive of 10% VAT tax. The promotion price (if any) is applied at the period indicated in the price list.
Each tour/cruise has it own price validity. If customers wish to book on the date that is not available on the price list, Halong Bay Cruise is served the right to delay that booking. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the most up-to-date price.
2. Included in quoted programs:
All kind of services mentioned in the "inclusion" of each tour
- Round trip transfer in air conditioned vehicle if mentioned in the "inclusion";
- All accommodations as noted in the itinerary based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast;
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner, Br: Brunch);
- Entrance fees;
- English speaking guide;
- Activities as stated in the itinerary;
- Other kinds of transports (if any)
3. Not included in quoted program prices:
- Round trip transfer in air conditioned vehicle if mentioned in the "exclusion";
- Early and/or late check in at hotels unless otherwise stated;
- Optional transfer if any;
- International airfares unless otherwise stated;
- Visa fee and visa arrangement fee;
- Meals other than specified in the itinerary;
- Drinks & personal expenses;
- Gratuities and tips;
- VAT tax
We require full payment for all online bookings with Halong Bay Cruise on www.halong-bay-cruise.com
We offer free booking fee for all customers when booking tours online. There are 2 payment methods available, details can be found at: www.halong-bay-cruise.com/how-to-book-and-pay.html
- Paypal or Credit card via PayPal (3% fee)
- Credit card via OnePay (3% fee)
Halong Bay Cruise strongly suggests the payment via OnePay and PayPal as they are fast, no booking fee, secure and easy to refund for customer in case the tour is canceled or modified.
5. Amendment, cancellation and refund
All modifications and extensions must be made at the time of booking.
Any subsequent changes are subject to an additional fee, plus any other applicable cancellation fees as imposed by Halong Bay Cruise, and such fees are due immediately when the amendment request is made.
No amendment will be accepted within 3 days prior to departure, and no change may be made after travel has commenced.
5.2 Cancellation from travelers
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Halong Bay Cruise
5.3 Cancellation from Halong Bay Cruise/Providers
Halong Bay Cruise reserves the right to cancel any trip package, itinerary or any part of a client’s itinerary due to insufficient sign-ups, overbooking, or anything else resulting directly or indirectly by the acts of God, detention, annoyance, machinery breakdown, quarantine, bad weather, or causes beyond its control.
Halong Bay Cruise is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the client or for non-refundable air tickets, equipment, medical costs, etc.
In case we cancel a trip, for any reason, we will contact you immediately (phone, email, in person) and offer you the alternatives or the payment for your trip will be refunded in full.
- If you agree to take the alternative before tour departure: We will change to similar tour at the same price range and level of service. If such kind of tour is unavailable for the same reason of cancellation, we will change to other tour. If the tour we offer as alternative is less than the tour you paid, we will refund the different in price between 2 tours. Such alternatives require a close cooperation and harmony between both you and Halong Bay Cruise.
- If you don't accept our offer, we will cancel the trip for you and full refund will be given. The refund will be done in the same way the payment made. It means if you made the payment by credit card, our bank will give you money back.And if it's PayPal, we will request for a refund transaction. As this process is done by third party so it could take some times. We will notify you once they get it done.
- In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
Please send an email to us at email@example.com to discuss, we are happy to listen and do all our best to give you the fairest things possible.
6. Voucher of confirmation:
Voucher will be issued by Halong Bay Cruise after the the booking is confirmed and payment is completed and send to customers via email/fax/snail mail (if email and fax is unavailable)
In case immediate confirmation is not possible, we will inform you of the booking status at the time of reservation.
7. Pick up and transfer
7.1 Pick up service:
Pick up is an optional service with can be included or excluded from tours. This information can be verify at the "Inclusion" section of each tour. Pickup service with a group tour is an A/C shuttle bus, with private tour is a private A/C car.
- Private tour: Pick up and drop off at any hotel in Hanoi center.
- Group tour: Free pick up within Hanoi Old Quarters only (in Hoan Kiem District). Some selected hotels (Sheraton/ Intercontinental Westlake/ Hanoi Club/ Sofitel Plaza...) can be picked up with a surcharge at 5USD/way. If not, come to meeting point to be collected. Other places cannot be picked, please take a taxi (or any kinds of transport you prefer) to our meeting point - Hanoi Opera House - then the shuttle bus will pick you up from there.
7.2 Pick up time:
The pick up time for all of our group tours and cruises is from 07.30 to 08.30AM. Because of group tour so it takes time to collect all customers. It is advised that customers should be present at the hotel lobby at the time mentioned in the invoice/confirmation/voucher of confirmation.
Sometimes, we get troubles when picking up customers due to the hotel reservation and tour booking are made under different names; or wrong hotel address given or customers go out for a walk at pick up time. In such cases, the tour guide can not check the name of customer with hotel staff or can not meet them as they are out of the hotel. Our shuttle bus can not wait for customers over 10 minutes as there are other customers need to be picked up and customers have to take a taxi to follow our bus. Accordingly, taxi fare will be paid by customers.
Thus, to avoid failed pick up, below info is required to be reconfirmed in advance (at least one day before tour departure) by replying us: tour/departure time/ pick up address/ special request... . If there is something wrong, reply us so that we can make thing right as planned.
- Confirm exactly hotel address where we will pick up you. Some hotel chains have more than 2 hotels and customers may get mistake when sending us the hotel address.
- The name of customer can be found when the tour guide ask for help at front desk (we pick up with your name, nationality and room number if provided before hand).
- The room number at the hotel to pick up easily and avoid wrong pickup.
- Make sure that you are at the hotel in our pick up time. Some cruises can provide estimated time for pick up, some others can only point out a period of time (from 07.30 to 08.30) so your patience is welcome. The more detailed and exactly you give us, the better we can serve you and save the time when pick up.
- Ring us a bell at +849 1305 0714 if the tour guide and driver doesn't show up latest at 08.30Am to check the actual sitistion on the day.
7.3 The transfer.
With private tour/private transfer, pick up and transfer time should be at 08.00AM in private car/minivan/bus. Other time for pick up/ the transfer from airport to Halong Bay will be arranged upon request.
With a group tour, we use a shuttle bus with air conditioning. The transfer from Hanoi to Halong Bay takes about 3 hours and a half with a short break on the way.
Contact us if you wish to have a private transfer for a group tour (private transfer, private accommodation in a sharing junk/hotel).
7.4 Airport transfer
With tours/services in the conjunction with airport transfer (airport - Halong/ Hanoi - Airport or Airport - Hotel), flight number and time flight is required for all bookings. It's the responsibility of clients to confirm or reconfirm all flight details at least 2 days before departure date. The amendment need to be done in written and acknowledged by both sides. Halong Bay Cruise resumes no responsibilities for any troubles may raise due to the flight delay/ late arrival without notice; wrong information provided; late check out or personal issues. Contact our staff for further support if you wish to make sure a safe time for your trip.
8. Liability and Insurance:
Halong Bay Cruise is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage sustained by passengers incurred due to delay, accidents, natural disaster, political actions and unrest must be borne by passengers.
Passengers are required to have full travel insurance. Local conditions may be affect accommodation and itineraries. Should this occur, we will endeavor to substitute suitable arrangement of similar value. Participation on any tour implies full agreement to above conditions by all parties involved.
9. Children discount:
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
Your personal information will not be released unless the law permits it or your permission is granted.